Spa Pool Start Up - Bromine
- After filling spa allow water to circulate for approximately 1 hour then add 250 - 400g of Calcium Hardener. With filter running, wait for 20 minutes.
- Add 250-400g of PH Buffer. With filter running, wait for 20 minutes.
- Test pH and adjust as necessary using either pH Increase to raise or pH Decrease to lower the level (using dessertspoon amounts). 7.2 to 7.4 is ideal.
- After 30 minutes, add 1 or 2 Bromine Tablets to the adjustable spa floating dispenser in the pool.
- Add a small amount of Spa Chlor (dessertspoon). This will sanitise the water and help activate the Bromine.
Use AquaChek Spa Test Strips to check that a 4-6 ppm Free Bromine
residual is maintained.
- Test and adjust pH accordingly – 7.2-7.4 is ideal
- Remove the floating dispenser. Run your spa for 30 minutes
- Super chlorinate (shock dose) the pool with 50g per 1,000L Spa Chlor
- Check and clean cartridge filter with hose
- Use No Foam to control foaming
- Velvet Touch Water Enhancer gives the water a soft, velvety feel to the water. It clarifies and gives protection against corrosion
- Crystal Clear eliminates suspended dirt and organic matter that encourages bacteria and algae growth
EVERY 8-12 WEEKS
- Change the water (depending on use)
- Clean cartridge with Pool & Spa Filter Cleaner
Important Tip: Always add chemicals to water, not water to chemicals.
Please note this is a guide only.
Always consult your pool and spa professionals before adding anything to your spa.