What is Flocking?Floc is used to remove debris suspended in the water causing the water to remain cloudy. Flocculant, unlike clarifiers, coagulate the contaminants in the water causing them to sink to the bottom so they can be vacuumed up.
There are 2 main points to remember when flocking your pool:
- The correct ph level 7.2 – 7.4 is critical in getting the debris to fall to the bottom of the pool.
- Don’t run the floc through the filter as it will damage the sand or media in your filter.
How do I floc my pool?
- Ensure correct water balance of the water particularly that the ph is between 7.2 & 7.4.
- Set the filter to recirculate (never turn the filter handle with the pump running).
- Add floc to the water as per instructions. Normally approx 1 litre per 45,000 litres and broadcast around pool surface,
- Allow the pump to run for 8 hours and then turn off.
- Allow 12 hours for the debris to settle on the pool floor.
- Turn filter handle to the waste position, turn the pump on and vacuum debris from the pool floor.
Please note while the filter handle is in the waste position you will lose water from the pool and you will need to top the pool up again.
We recommend Crystal Water Liqua Floc which comes in 5 litre and 1 litre with the active ingredient 400g/litre Polyaluminuim Chloride.
Aluminuim Sulphate is also used to floc, this is not a normal stock item but if you would like us to try to source it please ask.